Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect iphone 7 by bluetooth with ipad series 8

iphone 7 caanot connect to ipad series 8(2020) by bluetooth

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 5:18 AM

Ok, thanks. It is more clear to me. Btw when i try to connect them by bluetooth and i do the way you discri2bed, it fails. I was thinking the bluetooth version of the iphone7 is 3.0 or so and that cause the problem. And i can connect my samsung m20 and my laptop with the ipad. So it's weird the iphone cannot. The iphone connect also to the laptop and the samsung.

But after your repley it's clear for.

Thanks for taking your time to explain me.

Merry Christmas, Franciscus

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 5:18 AM in response to LotusPilot

Ok, thanks. It is more clear to me. Btw when i try to connect them by bluetooth and i do the way you discri2bed, it fails. I was thinking the bluetooth version of the iphone7 is 3.0 or so and that cause the problem. And i can connect my samsung m20 and my laptop with the ipad. So it's weird the iphone cannot. The iphone connect also to the laptop and the samsung.

But after your repley it's clear for.

Thanks for taking your time to explain me.

Merry Christmas, Franciscus

Dec 24, 2020 4:04 AM in response to franciscus288

What, specifically, are you attempting to achieve by pairing an iPhone and iPad over a Bluetooth connection?

Whilst it is technically possible to do so, for the majority of applications, Bluetooth pairing of an iPad and iPhone is entirely pointless. If your intention is to use Cellular Hotspot features of your iPhone, this link is optimally achieved using the native WiFi hotspot connection - this being a largely automated process. Hotspot connections over WiFi offer substantially greater throughput, range and reliability.

If you are exploring one of the very few “edge-cases” where it is necessary to pair iPad and iPhone using Bluetooth, both devices must be simultaneously placed in Bluetooth Discovery Mode.

Dec 24, 2020 5:30 AM in response to franciscus288

My pleasure to assist.

Missing from my earlier directions is the need to ensure that your iPhone Personal Hotspot is manually enabled prior to attempting the mutual pairing request (Allow Others to Join is set to ON).

Bluetooth pairing between iPad and iPhone is never straightforward - and is rarely necessary. Sometimes it takes many attempts.

cannot connect iphone 7 by bluetooth with ipad series 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.