Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I transfer apps, pics, etc, from an iPhone to MacBook using USB ports?

how can I transffer apps, pic etc, etc, from an iPhone to macbook using USB ports?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 1:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 2:31 PM

You cannot transfer Apps, as unless you have one of the new M1 Macs, iPhone Apps don't work on Mac. If you have an M1 Mac, you get your iPhone Apps directly from the Mac app Store under the Purchased tab.

For other things outside of Photos and Videos like random files see here: Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 2:31 PM in response to Jazzphet

You cannot transfer Apps, as unless you have one of the new M1 Macs, iPhone Apps don't work on Mac. If you have an M1 Mac, you get your iPhone Apps directly from the Mac app Store under the Purchased tab.

For other things outside of Photos and Videos like random files see here: Use iTunes to share files between your computer and your iOS or iPadOS device - Apple Support

How can I transfer apps, pics, etc, from an iPhone to MacBook using USB ports?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.