Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i update from High Sierra to Big Sur

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 3:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 3:53 PM

Check the compatibility section of How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support and if compatible, use those instructions.

7 replies

Jan 2, 2021 8:52 AM in response to FoxFifth

Uncompliance - uncomprehensive:

a) Mac OS High Sierra cannot be updated to a higher version 14.1... something

b) the excel won't go further and requires an update to this precise higher version of Mac OS

So, the dilemma is, that neither an update of the excel nor of the iMac is attainable.

Might it be that Big Sur would solve the problem? - Perhaps, but it isn't compatible to this 10.13.6.

Please explain what I should do to get these essential updates installed?

Jan 2, 2021 10:26 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks,

Well, that's what the ICT companies do - valid harware is no good for new titter-tatter software.

Have ever tried to tell that to car owners? "You just go on the old clumpy paved-wrecked road. This new app is only for those who have more up-to-date cars"...

Anyways, it's nor long ago a valid liquid pump control unit was still running on WinXP.

Have a nice weekend. We just came from a Finnish sauna so I'm not so ****** off.

So, You got Your credits for this. The nut behind the steering wheel didn't.

Tanks and have a good year 2021!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.