Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I get messages in the cloud

How do I get messages in the cloud?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 7:25 PM

The messages in iCloud are the same messages that are on your device. All that using messages with iCloud does is to keep them in sync across all devices. You can’t store messages in iCloud or delete e message on your device and have it still reside in iCloud.

So if you want to see the messages in iCloud, look in the messages app on your device. They are identical to what is being synced with iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2020 7:25 PM in response to DEC627

The messages in iCloud are the same messages that are on your device. All that using messages with iCloud does is to keep them in sync across all devices. You can’t store messages in iCloud or delete e message on your device and have it still reside in iCloud.

So if you want to see the messages in iCloud, look in the messages app on your device. They are identical to what is being synced with iCloud.

how do I get messages in the cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.