Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect/pair new apple watch series 2 to my Iphone 6

So I brought a brand new apple watch series 2 of ebay but it won't pair with my iphone 6. It just comes up with "Iphone is out of date". But when I go to update my phone 6 my phone is up to date. What is annoying is that I have looked about and there should be no hardware or software problems with the series 2. As another note would it be worth sending the person who I brought the watch of to make sure it is not connected to their apple ID still?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 4:41 AM

Firstly,the person you bought it off needs to follow all these steps;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

And secondly,if the watch is running WatchOS6 then that requires a phone with ios13 or higher,your iphone 6 will only update to ios12,so either way the watch won't work with your iphone 6.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 4:41 AM in response to TGGE

Firstly,the person you bought it off needs to follow all these steps;

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else – Apple Support

And secondly,if the watch is running WatchOS6 then that requires a phone with ios13 or higher,your iphone 6 will only update to ios12,so either way the watch won't work with your iphone 6.

Dec 25, 2020 5:36 AM in response to TGGE

You won't be able to tell until the activation lock is removed,ask the seller what version of watchos it's running.

Can't connect/pair new apple watch series 2 to my Iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.