Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my recovery key

I can’t get into my Mac. My password is not working and I don’t have a recovery key.

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:32 AM

Oh.... okay... are you talking about your main admin/login password when you first startup/bootup your Mac or the other one?? If it’s the first one, reboot, holding down the Apple/ cmd + R together on reboot. You should be in the Recovery Partition. Pick a language and continue... move your cursor( the arrow) to the top center of your screen and click. OS X tools should show up. Go to Terrminal and click it. Type in “resetpassword” without the quote marks. Press Return/Enter key on keyboar. That should get you into the Main Password Reset App.

john b

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 7:32 AM in response to Jessicabrett54

Oh.... okay... are you talking about your main admin/login password when you first startup/bootup your Mac or the other one?? If it’s the first one, reboot, holding down the Apple/ cmd + R together on reboot. You should be in the Recovery Partition. Pick a language and continue... move your cursor( the arrow) to the top center of your screen and click. OS X tools should show up. Go to Terrminal and click it. Type in “resetpassword” without the quote marks. Press Return/Enter key on keyboar. That should get you into the Main Password Reset App.

john b

I forgot my recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.