Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPS FROM APP LIBRARY WILL NOT DELETE

i removed a folder and all my apps disappeared so i went to re-download them but it just says open . i google sand it said it was in my app library ! i looked up how to move to home screen from library and even how to delete apps from the app library . NOTHING AT ALL was working ! How do i get them back on to my home screen ?

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 4:10 PM

When I try to remove an app I only get a

(-) sign and not an (x), so it puts it in the app library. My choices are only to put it in the app library or put it back on the home screen.

I have quite a few apps that I want to take completely off my phone, but it won’t let me.

Please help.

28 replies

Feb 20, 2021 9:36 PM in response to nidia213

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

If you still are unable to delete, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

Apr 22, 2021 4:19 PM in response to firstflibberty

as posted already in this thread....

review this

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

you can delete from the App Library by locating the app and tap/hold, select Delete App

or you can go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage > [app name] > Delete

If you still are unable to delete, check:

Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > iTunes & App Store Purchases > Deleting Apps

make sure that's set to 'Allow'

Jun 20, 2021 4:55 PM in response to sherlie32

sherlie32 wrote:

I have tried all 3 of these and nothing is working. When I go to delete the app on my apple library the delete button doesn’t show and when I try to delete it through screen time either.

First, some of the built in apps can’t be deleted. This link has a list of the ones that CAN be deleted→Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch - Apple Support

Next, an app that has a configuration profile requires special handling. See→How to delete an app that has a configuration profile on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Assuming it is an app that can be deleted let’s take it step by step:

1. Tap on Settings
  2. Tap on Screen Time
  3. Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Tap on iTunes & App Store Purchases
  5. Tap on Deleting Apps (which should say “Don’t Allow”)
  6. Tap on “Allow"
  7. Go back to the Home screen (press the Home button on a phone that has one, or swipe up from the bottom of the screen if there isn’t a Home button)
  8. Find the app you want to delete
  9. Hold your finger on it until a menu appears, and tap Remove App
  10. Alternative to 9.: When the menu appears keep holding until the app wriggles, then tap the “x” on its icon.

The next time you want to delete an app start with step 7.; 1-6 only need to be done once.

APPS FROM APP LIBRARY WILL NOT DELETE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.