Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bottom case feet replacement kit

Hi guys,

Can someone tell me where can i find bottom case feet replacement kit DIY.

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:14 AM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2020 1:21 PM in response to uzair260

Most of the bottom case feet for Macs are just cheap plastic feet even when they are advertised as "rubber" feet. It is really difficult getting the good quality rubber replacement feet.

Make sure to get the correct feet for your exact model Mac. I am aware of least three different types of feet. Non-Retina Macs, MBAirs, and Retina models. I like to clip off the little alignment nubs because it is so difficult to correctly align the alignment nubs with the corresponding alignment hole, plus some replacement feet don't have the correct alignment anyway.

Most likely you will need to remove the Bottom Case (requires a Pentalobe driver) in order to remove the center section of the old broken foot. For the rear feet it also requires very carefully peeling up the mylar insulator material in order to get access to the broken center section of the old foot. Make sure this mylar insulator is put back so it protects the internal circuitry from a possible short (you may need some Kapton tape).

Make sure to remove the old adhesive and clean the foot area with some Isopropyl Alcohol so the new foot sticks properly.

bottom case feet replacement kit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.