Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer old iphone content to a new iphone after setup?

I got my wife's iphone 12 setup and wondered if I can still transfer her data after the setup is all done.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 11:13 AM

You’ll need to restore it and set it up again, to transfer data automatically via iCloud backup or Quick start.

Otherwise you could manually attempt to move data. Cloud synced items can be automatically downloaded by signing in to the relevant cloud service.

2 replies

Dec 25, 2020 11:13 AM in response to nblack1079

You can from an iCloud backup or a computer backup but you will need to erase the new iPhone first. See instructions in Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support or Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

To erase your device, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This erases all data on your device. After you erase it, your device restarts and the "Hello" screen appears.

Can I transfer old iphone content to a new iphone after setup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.