Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Mini Set Configuring For Hours and other set up issues

Hello, I set up my HopePod Mini and Home App and I have not been able to enjoy it yet.

1. The device has indicated "HomePod is being configured. Additional settings available shortly". It's been in this state for 6 hours. I did a hard reset on the HomePod and its back in this state for two more hours.
  2. It won't stop playing music. I can't get it to stop. You can see on my phone, music is always playing or paused. It also has control of my iPhone volume and I can't get it to release.
  3. I set this up on my phone, but I bought this for my young child to play music from Amazon Prime. Is this possible. I want her to be able to play music but not disrupt my iPhone or play from my music library.

Thank you!

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 3:16 PM

A reddit user pointed out that this is an issue with the mesh router interface to the HomePod. These steps worked for me and several others.

1. Turn off your home wifi
  2. Do the factory reset on your HomePod
  3. Turn on internet hotspot on iPhone #1
  4. Connect a second iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc..) to the iPhone#1 hotspot
  5. Using the second iOS device, do the initial setup on the HomePod and connect it to your Home app
  6. Once it is configured, turn your wifi back on and connect your other devices to it as you normally would
  7. Your HomePod will go offline initially but in about 20-30 minutes, the HomePod should switch over to your wifi network.

Hope this works. Good luck!!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 3:16 PM in response to garywi

A reddit user pointed out that this is an issue with the mesh router interface to the HomePod. These steps worked for me and several others.

1. Turn off your home wifi
  2. Do the factory reset on your HomePod
  3. Turn on internet hotspot on iPhone #1
  4. Connect a second iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc..) to the iPhone#1 hotspot
  5. Using the second iOS device, do the initial setup on the HomePod and connect it to your Home app
  6. Once it is configured, turn your wifi back on and connect your other devices to it as you normally would
  7. Your HomePod will go offline initially but in about 20-30 minutes, the HomePod should switch over to your wifi network.

Hope this works. Good luck!!

HomePod Mini Set Configuring For Hours and other set up issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.