Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage, backup, updates, icloud problems

I have an iPhone 7Plus and have been having problems with storage on it for a long while now.

Ever since the implementation of Apple iCloud, I have been unable to upload photos taken with my iPhone (or photos sent to me via messenger apps) onoit my personal computer. Apple decided instead to use iCloud to store my photos. Needless to say, I filled up the free storage provided by Apple iCloud quite quickly, and since then, Apple has been trying to get me to pay a $5 a month subsciption to increase my iCloud storage. I will not do that, as I cannot afford the cost of the subscription.

However, it seems that doing so has meant that form now on, my phone is unable to upload ANY documentys or photos onto my personla computer. I have now reached full capacity on my phone, meaning that I can't even update to later versions of the IOS because of it.

I have tried to chenge the settings on my phone so it will stop trying to store photos onot my iCloud, and doing so raised a message stating that it would be deleting all photos on my phone which were already being stored on my iCloud. However, when I selected the option to do so, the photos stayed on my hpone, and no storage was freed.

All I want to do is go back to the way things werere before this money-grabbing scheme of iCloud was invented: All I want to do is be able to plug my phone into my computer, uplaod all photos taken sincle the last time I plugged it in, delete the photos from my hpone to make more space for new photos, and keep the photos on my computer.

However, it seems anyhting I try and do to have this, doesn't work. No photos will be delted from my phone (unless I'm going to do it manually, which is both a waste of time, and not the way intended). I have also tried accessing my iPhone scorage from my computer directly, yet whenever I try to manually cut and paste the photos from my phone storage ontot my PC, it won't work. The photos won't transfer over, it won't delete them form my phone either.

I just feel that this has been a deliberate attempt form Apple to force its customers to dish out an extra $5 a month to have the priviledge of being able to store your memories.

I feel that the only solution left for me now is to restore my phone to factory settings and delete all memories of my life over the last three years, all because Apple is a greedy company that doesn't care about ease of access and doesn't want its product users to have an easy, hassle and cost free method of being able to store photos anywhere else other than Apple iCloud.

In conclusion, this is all I want to be able to do: Store my photos taken on my PC, and delte them when uploaded on my computer. Leave the photos and documents on the iCloud storage I already have, and STOP ASKING ME TO PAY $5 A MONTH FOR A BACKUP SOLUTION WHICH DOESN NOT MEET MY NEEDS

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 3:49 PM

giacomo235 Said:

"Storage, backup, updates, iCloud problems:[...]Apple has been trying to get me to pay a $5 a month subsciption to increase my iCloud storage. I will not do that, as I cannot afford the cost of the subscription.[...]"

-------

Seems Like a Scam:

If you are seeing "$5", and are receiving message about that, it is a scam, though a full assumption on my part.

Go Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 3:49 PM in response to giacomo235

giacomo235 Said:

"Storage, backup, updates, iCloud problems:[...]Apple has been trying to get me to pay a $5 a month subsciption to increase my iCloud storage. I will not do that, as I cannot afford the cost of the subscription.[...]"

-------

Seems Like a Scam:

If you are seeing "$5", and are receiving message about that, it is a scam, though a full assumption on my part.

Go Here: iCloud Storage Plans and Pricing - Apple Support

Storage, backup, updates, icloud problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.