Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone setup - data transfer

I’m trying to transfer data from my old iPhone 8 to my new iPhone 12 but every time I try it fails. What do you recommend trying?

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 5:34 PM

Hello,

If the data migration from one iPhone to another iPhone is constantly failing, a better alternative would be to try to back the original iPhone (iPhone 8 in this case) up on iTunes. You can encrypt the backup here as well so it will store all of your personal passwords, just be sure to remember the password you use otherwise you wont be able to access the entire backup file. Once the backup is complete, you can setup the new phone while connected to iTunes and restore the phone from the iPhone 8 backup. This will be more stable of a data transfer and will result in the same outcome.

Hope this helps!

Yama

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 5:34 PM in response to erinq_

Hello,

If the data migration from one iPhone to another iPhone is constantly failing, a better alternative would be to try to back the original iPhone (iPhone 8 in this case) up on iTunes. You can encrypt the backup here as well so it will store all of your personal passwords, just be sure to remember the password you use otherwise you wont be able to access the entire backup file. Once the backup is complete, you can setup the new phone while connected to iTunes and restore the phone from the iPhone 8 backup. This will be more stable of a data transfer and will result in the same outcome.

Hope this helps!

Yama

New iPhone setup - data transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.