Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contact picture is always at the top of my message page.

One of my contacts’ pictures always appears at the top of my message page even though the messages are not from her. I have a new iPhone 12 Max. I tried deleting her picture from my contact list but her initials still appear. Any help?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 7:43 PM

What you are experiencing is a feature of the iPhone that was probably accidentally activated. You may have accidentally Pinned the contact to the top in the Message list. Touch and Hold the contact's Initials / Picture in the Message list. A sub-menu will appear and choose Unpin. That will remove the contact from being at the top.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2020 7:43 PM in response to Jeanie63

What you are experiencing is a feature of the iPhone that was probably accidentally activated. You may have accidentally Pinned the contact to the top in the Message list. Touch and Hold the contact's Initials / Picture in the Message list. A sub-menu will appear and choose Unpin. That will remove the contact from being at the top.

Axel F.

Contact picture is always at the top of my message page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.