Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shortcut problems iOS 14.3

Since I downloaded iOS 14.3 I've had a few problems with the shortcuts app

- Long shortcuts are not/not fully executed

- Some of my automations are not running

- Shortcuts with customized icons do not respond

- Shortcuts from the Sharing menu are not executed

Are there more people experiencing this and how can I solve it?

iPhone 12 Pro, 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 3:58 AM

9 replies

Dec 26, 2020 12:17 PM in response to vpsm_

vpsm_ wrote: "Shortcuts from the Sharing menu are not executed"

This may be relevant:

"Note: Shortcuts launched from the share sheet have a limited amount of available memory (RAM). This means that shortcuts that process large volumes of data may quit unexpectedly when run from another app. If this happens, place a Continue Shortcut in App action in your shortcut, which opens the Shortcuts app, where more memory is available." [Source: Shortcuts User Guide]

õ¿õ¬

Jan 18, 2021 6:26 AM in response to vpsm_

iOS 14.3 has killed the ability to run a shortcut (bookmark) from the home screen. The shortcut runs OK when launched from within the Shortcuts.app but fails to "speak text" when launched directly from the home screen. This has always worked fine before. My wife uses this text to speech shortcut all day every day. Please fix before she takes drastic action.

Shortcut problems iOS 14.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.