Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey if I return my iPad to the store but I’ve already brought my apple care will I be able to transfer my apple care to my new device

if I return my iPad that i just brought to the store to exchange for a upgraded iPad, I’ve already brought my apple care for this iPad, will I be able to transfer my apple care to my new iPad that I’m buying or will I have to purchase a whole new apple care!!

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 8:49 AM

3 replies

Dec 26, 2020 9:39 AM in response to time129

If it has been less than 30 days and you haven't used it, then yes. See the following from Cancel or change the payment method for your AppleCare plan - Apple Support

If you paid in full upfront for your AppleCare plan

Contact Apple Support to cancel your plan. It may be helpful to have the AppleCare agreement number, the serial number of the device that the plan covers, or your original sales receipt. To get the agreement number and serial number, sign in to My Support.

• If you cancel your AppleCare plan within 30 days of your purchase date, you’ll get a full refund, minus the value of any service already provided.*
  • If you cancel your AppleCare plan more than 30 days after your purchase, you’ll get a refund based on the percentage of unexpired AppleCare plan coverage, minus the value of any service already provided.*

* The refund guidelines may vary in your country or region. You can find more information about canceling and refunds in the AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions or AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions. If you have AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss, you can find more information in the Insurance Documents.

Hey if I return my iPad to the store but I’ve already brought my apple care will I be able to transfer my apple care to my new device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.