Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone

I just bought my wife a series 3, Apple Watch GPS and the microphone for talk to text is not working how do I turn this on

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:40 PM

Hello Tylerms,

It sounds like the Dictate text feature isn't working on your wife's Apple Watch, is that right? We want to see how we can help.

Is this occurring when trying to dictate a text message? If so please check out the "Dictate text" section of the following page and let us know if those are the steps that are being used to dictate a message: Send messages from Apple Watch

If those steps don't help, test recording a voice memo on your Apple Watch. Does the microphone work there? Record and play voice memos on Apple Watch

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 1:40 PM in response to Tylerms

Hello Tylerms,

It sounds like the Dictate text feature isn't working on your wife's Apple Watch, is that right? We want to see how we can help.

Is this occurring when trying to dictate a text message? If so please check out the "Dictate text" section of the following page and let us know if those are the steps that are being used to dictate a message: Send messages from Apple Watch

If those steps don't help, test recording a voice memo on your Apple Watch. Does the microphone work there? Record and play voice memos on Apple Watch

Thanks!

Microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.