Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just bought iPhone 12 with 64gb storage. Do I need to continue to pay for 50gb iCloud storage also?

I just bought iPhone 12 with 64gb storage. Do I need to continue to pay for 50gb iCloud storage also?

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 2:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 2:43 PM

iCloud storage and iPhone storage are different things. For different purposes all together. Its entirely up to you wether you want to continue paying for it or not.

Anything you have in iCloud that exceeds 5gb will be deleted from iCloud if you cancel the storage.

Consider wether or not you want to continue to sync things to iCloud and store your device Backups, before cancelling it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 2:43 PM in response to Alunasusan

iCloud storage and iPhone storage are different things. For different purposes all together. Its entirely up to you wether you want to continue paying for it or not.

Anything you have in iCloud that exceeds 5gb will be deleted from iCloud if you cancel the storage.

Consider wether or not you want to continue to sync things to iCloud and store your device Backups, before cancelling it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.