Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a new Apple ID

I'm currently under my families Apple ID and just got a new MacBook Pro for Christmas and decided to create my own Apple ID. So I created one when I was setting up my laptop and once I created an account I proceed to log out of the old account on my phone so that way I could login to my new account on my phone as well. When I did this I seemed to have lost random pictures that were in my camera roll. I believe I have to log back into my old Apple ID account on my phone and do an iCloud backup to try to get my pictures back but I'm unsure. I'm just worried if I back my phone up the pictures will go onto my dads phone. If that is the case I'm thinking I'm going to lose all my pictures.

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 11:28 AM

If the data is still on the old ID, you will need to transfer it over to the newly created ID, therefore see Winston's suggestions as shown here concerning this - how do i merge two iCloud ID accounts? - Apple Community.

1 reply

Creating a new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.