Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung apple TV compatibility

Hi all

ive recently purchased an apple product which came with 12 months Apple TV. How can I add the Apple TV app to an older Samsung smart tv as I only have it on my phone?

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 8:45 PM

Unfortunately, no “old” Samsung smart TV supports the Apple TV app directly. The oldest listed Samsung model is from 2018.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Smart TVs that are not directly supported may use an HDMI connected streaming device to have access to the Apple TV app. E.g. the Apple TV set-top box, a Roku, a Fire TV, or select gaming console.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2020 8:45 PM in response to Jacmck

Unfortunately, no “old” Samsung smart TV supports the Apple TV app directly. The oldest listed Samsung model is from 2018.

List of Apple TV app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

Smart TVs that are not directly supported may use an HDMI connected streaming device to have access to the Apple TV app. E.g. the Apple TV set-top box, a Roku, a Fire TV, or select gaming console.

All the ways to watch Apple TV+ - Apple Support

Samsung apple TV compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.