Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

from cm to inch (Pages)

Hi,

Could you tell me how to change the measurement unit from cm to inch?

Hosun

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 10:41 AM

System Preferences - Language and Region - Advanced:

Change the measurement units to US.

Hey presto...

(This is on a UK Mac which normally displays cm/mm and which is hurriedly being set back that way after this little adventure into the past.)

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 10:41 AM in response to HSKang

System Preferences - Language and Region - Advanced:

Change the measurement units to US.

Hey presto...

(This is on a UK Mac which normally displays cm/mm and which is hurriedly being set back that way after this little adventure into the past.)

Jan 17, 2021 6:42 AM in response to FlyboyTy

If you live in a country whose measurement standard is metric, then your System Preferences > Language & Region settings will be used by Pages for Paper Size reporting. That should not matter as the English language name for the paper size is also present.

The Pages application (e.g. v10.3.9) is limited to three measurements: 1) Inches, 2) Centimeters, and 3) Points — all selectable via its Preferences > Rulers panel. Though Pages won't help you with measurement conversions. there are web references that provide this information for mainstream paper sizes.

Jan 17, 2021 7:06 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for your reply...sounds like you're confirming what I stated as part of my question. I was simply hoping for the "freedom" to choose whatever measurement I wanted regardless of where I live or work or play or visit etc etc.

Bit of a rant here.

I realize this is not a big issue but just one more of many issues and many people including myself feel Apple is heading in the wrong direction in many ways. It's a real love / hate product relationship I have with Apple and there are times when I consider going back to a PC because over the years Apple has continued to limit the options allowed with their computers, apps etc.

My next phone will not be from Apple and I just bought an expensive imac desktop which will probably be my last apple computer. I could have bought a much faster/more powerful PC desktop for less than half the price of the imac. This time I choose Apple over PC but due for a laptop in the coming months and it will probably will be a PC.. Which is too bad because I've been apple user for 25 years because they have a superior machine but the cost is getting way out of hand along with everything listed above...which again is driving more and more people away...including me.

Sorry about the rant...cheers

Ty

from cm to inch (Pages)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.