📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my keyboard suddenly showing in the middle of the screen so I can’t see what I’m typing?

Suddenly whenever I type on my iPad my keyboard shows up in the middle of the page and I can’t see what I’m typing.

u

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 5:39 AM

4 replies

Dec 27, 2020 7:37 AM in response to sarahfrommonroe

With the keyboard on-screen, touch-and-hold the “keyboard” key at bottom right of the keyboard; an option menu will appear. Without lifting your finger from the screen, slide your finger to the Dock option - and then lift your finger.

The full-screen keyboard will again dock to the bottom edge of the screen.

More information about managing your onscreen keyboard can be found here:

Split and move the keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Use the floating keyboard on your iPad – Apple Support

Why is my keyboard suddenly showing in the middle of the screen so I can’t see what I’m typing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.