Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Back to app button always show Search

I am not sure if I changed something or if it is a bug, but the back to app button is always showing search. Like when I am using facebook and I got a message from messenger, when I tap the message it shows “Search” instead of facebook and tapping that search will show a blank screen. This happens to other apps as well.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 7:25 PM

Hi lvmj06,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your iPhone. Rest assured that we’ll do our best to assist.

We understand that you are getting a back to app button that leads to Search. We recommend updating your iPhone if you haven’t. While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have you had the chance to check for app updates? You can use the article below as a reference.

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 7:25 PM in response to lvmj06

Hi lvmj06,

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your iPhone. Rest assured that we’ll do our best to assist.

We understand that you are getting a back to app button that leads to Search. We recommend updating your iPhone if you haven’t. While it isn't inherently assured that an update will resolve the issue, updating to the latest version of iOS for your device can help isolate potential software issues. Kindly secure a backup and update.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Have you had the chance to check for app updates? You can use the article below as a reference.

Update apps or use automatic downloads

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

Back to app button always show Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.