Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block email

Why can’t I block a certain email? I have hit block sender but it will not block.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 4:33 PM

Try to go into your mail provider’s settings...so for example I use Yahoo, sign into yahoo.com via safari, then see if it’ll let you block the address. While the apple mail app may not block things well, it will respect the rules of the mail account.

(if this is a spammer you should accept that they are very good at altering the sending address or spoofing an address to get around blocking....i have what I’m sure is the same person sending me imessage invites of an adult nature on a near daily basis, each time with a different email address...so they get an address, send, change it, send again etc)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2020 4:33 PM in response to sandylg

Try to go into your mail provider’s settings...so for example I use Yahoo, sign into yahoo.com via safari, then see if it’ll let you block the address. While the apple mail app may not block things well, it will respect the rules of the mail account.

(if this is a spammer you should accept that they are very good at altering the sending address or spoofing an address to get around blocking....i have what I’m sure is the same person sending me imessage invites of an adult nature on a near daily basis, each time with a different email address...so they get an address, send, change it, send again etc)

Block email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.