Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can an iPhone battery be replaced?

Generally speaking when your iPhone battery has outlived its effectiveness it must be replaced. I have been told that iPhone batteries are not serviceable and for that reason the entire iPhone must be replaced.

This is aggravating and expensive because newer generation iPhones can be upwards of $1,000 to replace.

Not everyone is in a position to be able to afford a newer iPhone and “Yes” you can put your iPhone on a payment plan however your payment plan iPhone becomes obsolete and significantly declines in value BEFORE you ever finish paying it off!

An article on the Apple website states and I’m paraphrasing here: “If you need to replace your iPhone battery contact Apple Support for options”

lending “False Hope” that your iPhone battery can be replaced without having to purchase a new device. (iPhone)?

Can anyone educate me on this?

Is this a TRUE or FALSE statement?

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 12:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 5:56 AM

Hi,

iPhone batteries can be replaced although to maintain the warranty on your device this will need to be done by Apple or an approved service technician. You must also ensure that genuine Apple parts are used.

Hope this helps 👍

2 replies

Can an iPhone battery be replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.