Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, purple streaks on screen when standard lens is covered

Could this be another software bug or do I need to return my unit? I just noticed that if I cover the standard lens, purple streaks appear on top of the screen. Attached photo below. I tried it with the other lenses but it only shows up with the main camera. Does it have anything to do with the sensor or the oled display?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 2:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:16 PM

Hi kuntau, thank you for posting here in Apple Support Communities.

We can definitely see that purple lines that you're referring to in that photo, and we can certainly set you up on a path to have this issue sorted out. We understand that you've tested this out by using other camera modes and that they only appear in the main camera mode, but can you tell us if those purple lines also appear in other camera apps?

Aside from that, can you tell us which iOS version you're using, and have you already restarted your iPhone yet? A simple restart can help sort out many inconsistencies with the iOS software, so if you haven't done so yet, let's give that a try: Restart your iPhone

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 7:16 PM in response to kuntau

Hi kuntau, thank you for posting here in Apple Support Communities.

We can definitely see that purple lines that you're referring to in that photo, and we can certainly set you up on a path to have this issue sorted out. We understand that you've tested this out by using other camera modes and that they only appear in the main camera mode, but can you tell us if those purple lines also appear in other camera apps?

Aside from that, can you tell us which iOS version you're using, and have you already restarted your iPhone yet? A simple restart can help sort out many inconsistencies with the iOS software, so if you haven't done so yet, let's give that a try: Restart your iPhone

Please keep us posted.

Cheers!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, purple streaks on screen when standard lens is covered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.