Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a iPhone 6 and need to update security, even if I pay for it. Can I get updates on my phone for security

Can I purchase security updates for iPhone 6.

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 3:57 AM

Your iPhone 6 is around 7 years old and not compatible with the latest releases of iOS which support iPhone 6S or later. There are no workarounds, Apple only releases security updates as part of the integrated software package. Your only option for the latest security modifications is to upgrade your phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2020 3:57 AM in response to Pegleg60

Your iPhone 6 is around 7 years old and not compatible with the latest releases of iOS which support iPhone 6S or later. There are no workarounds, Apple only releases security updates as part of the integrated software package. Your only option for the latest security modifications is to upgrade your phone.

I have a iPhone 6 and need to update security, even if I pay for it. Can I get updates on my phone for security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.