Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

convert pages to jpeg

I used to be able to convert a pages document to jpeg by opening it in Preview. Now Preview only lets me choose export as pdf. How can I export as jpeg? Or save page as jpeg?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 2:04 PM

What I explained above applies to Pages and Preview in El Captian 10.11.6. One must export a Pages document to PDF, and then open that PDF in Preview for the Export as… menu to become available, and a means to export an image.

4 replies

Dec 28, 2020 1:33 PM in response to VikingOSX

Preview 8.1 (El Capitan)

Page was exported from Pages as a 'best' quality pdf document, then opened in Preview. The File menu has two Export items—Export… and Export as PDF…

The shorter one offers JPEG, JPEG-2000, OpenEXR, PDF, PNG and TIFF.

May, of course, be different in newer versions.

Regards,

Barry

Dec 28, 2020 12:43 PM in response to adriane161

I am not aware of any past version of Preview certainly not more recent than Sierra), upon opening a Pages document, that would allow you any other option than to export it to PDF. Indeed that is what you have to do from Pages itself. Then open the resulting PDF in Preview thumbnail view, and selectively export each thumbnail to jpg.

One can automate this with Automator which will generate one image for each page in the selected PDF.

convert pages to jpeg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.