Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off ‘swipe to go back’?

Does anyone know how to turn off ‘swipe to go back’ on iOS 14? It’s such an annoying feature. When watching videos on Facebook, I try to fast forward but inadvertently trigger swipe to go back.

I literally have never used this feature intentionally. It’s always accidental and it’s driving me crazy!!

iPhone X, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:51 PM

It is driving me nuts. I just spent 25 minutes typing up a thoughtful comment on a close friends mother’s obituary page, adjusted my posture and accidentally swiped left and lost f**king everything. It happens all the time - never intentionally - but this time was seriously SOOOO frustrating. I have a neurological disorder and have uncontrollable shaking and spasms in my hands and fingers. It’s never given me too many problems with my iPhone until now and it’s happening daily. Please - I just want to be able to disable this feature.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 10:51 PM in response to Ray2633

It is driving me nuts. I just spent 25 minutes typing up a thoughtful comment on a close friends mother’s obituary page, adjusted my posture and accidentally swiped left and lost f**king everything. It happens all the time - never intentionally - but this time was seriously SOOOO frustrating. I have a neurological disorder and have uncontrollable shaking and spasms in my hands and fingers. It’s never given me too many problems with my iPhone until now and it’s happening daily. Please - I just want to be able to disable this feature.

How to turn off ‘swipe to go back’?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.