Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number for child Apple ID

I want to setup an Apple ID for my little sister. She will be getting a phone number soon. May I temporarily use my phone number and then change it to hers when the time comes?

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 2:47 PM

Hi bri_sfg,

We understand you're trying to save a phone number to an Apple ID account. We're happy to help.

When adding a trusted phone number to an Apple ID account, you'll just want to make sure it's a phone number you have access to. You can edit the phone number whenever you'd like, so if you need to add a certain number right now and then change it to a different number later, you can absolutely do that.

Here's the steps to edit your trusted phone number:

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.
  4. In the phone number section enter the number you'd like to use as the trusted phone number.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 2:47 PM in response to bri_sfg

Hi bri_sfg,

We understand you're trying to save a phone number to an Apple ID account. We're happy to help.

When adding a trusted phone number to an Apple ID account, you'll just want to make sure it's a phone number you have access to. You can edit the phone number whenever you'd like, so if you need to add a certain number right now and then change it to a different number later, you can absolutely do that.

Here's the steps to edit your trusted phone number:

1. Go to appleid.apple.com.
  2. Sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Go to the Security section and click Edit.
  4. In the phone number section enter the number you'd like to use as the trusted phone number.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID

Have a great day!

Phone number for child Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.