Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i check why the mac reboot automatically?

Dear Users,

i would like to have some help to trace what is causing my mac to reboot automatically.?

i have been having this mac for 8 years. macbook pro 15" early 2013.

of late on movjave, it starting to have rebooting issue? I have since upgraded to catalina. the automatic reboot issue still persist.

i have done first aid and reinstall and all.. but problem is still there?

any help to trouble shoot is appreciated.

my latest purchase of installed software is disk drill. does this affect?

thanks

regards.

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 12:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 3:01 AM

Hi,

Try to run Apple Diagnostics if it reports something hardware issue.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

2 replies

Dec 29, 2020 11:45 AM in response to jimlow33

To look for software issues run EtreCheck and post the report here using the "Additional Text" icon which looks like a piece of paper.

When you run First Aid, run it on the hidden Container. To see the hidden Container you need to click on "View" within Disk Utility and select "Show All Devices" so that the physical drive and Container are shown on the left pane of Disk Utility. Even if First Aid reports everything as "Ok" click on "Show Details" and check to see if there are any unfixed errors. If there are unfixed errors listed, then you will need to erase the whole physical drive and restore from a backup or clone.

how do i check why the mac reboot automatically?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.