Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update my computer from the 32 bit Microsoft Office?

How do I update my computer from the 32 bit Microsoft Office

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 6:35 AM

See my post here. It can all be done through the Apple online store.

Best to remove Office 2008/2011 from your Mac before upgrading to Catalina or Big Sur, by using the uninstaller in the Microsoft applications folder. Your MS documents are unaffected by the 32/64 bit application issue and should be safe on a Time Machine backup.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 6:35 AM in response to bl444

See my post here. It can all be done through the Apple online store.

Best to remove Office 2008/2011 from your Mac before upgrading to Catalina or Big Sur, by using the uninstaller in the Microsoft applications folder. Your MS documents are unaffected by the 32/64 bit application issue and should be safe on a Time Machine backup.

Dec 29, 2020 6:36 AM in response to bl444

By purchasing a newer version.

There's the subscription Office 365 (now called Microsoft 365). For $100 per year, you can install it on up to any six devices you own.

Or, the one-time cost, perpetual license Office 2019. $150 for student/home version (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and $250 for the business version that includes Outlook.

You can get either 2019 title for less than Microsoft's direct cost. $219 for the business version and $125 for the home/student version at Amazon.

How do I update my computer from the 32 bit Microsoft Office?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.