Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage

Hi,

I'm trying to make space on my MacBook Air to download macOS Big Sur by removing 2.23GB of memory taken up by itunes, but I can't work out how to do this? I have managed to de-download all my music off itunes, so don't know why its not using up any storage anyway.

Many thanks,

Georgie

MacBook Air 13″, 10.14

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:50 AM

Please Read this from Apple Regarding Upgrade to Big Sur. Special attention on the compatible computers that qualify for the UpGrade and second, the Empty Space Requirements for a successful Big Sur installation.

Strongly suggest have a Time Machine Backup Before attempting the upgrade, possibly 2 External Tested Bootable Clones each to separate drives and remember since Catalina 10.15 and also Big Sur, 32 Bit Applications / extensions are NOT Supported so need to take inventory before going forwards. Lastly, if there are any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Optimizer etc - remove them not. They create havoc and really do very little and can corrupt the macOS

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 7:50 AM in response to georgie249

Please Read this from Apple Regarding Upgrade to Big Sur. Special attention on the compatible computers that qualify for the UpGrade and second, the Empty Space Requirements for a successful Big Sur installation.

Strongly suggest have a Time Machine Backup Before attempting the upgrade, possibly 2 External Tested Bootable Clones each to separate drives and remember since Catalina 10.15 and also Big Sur, 32 Bit Applications / extensions are NOT Supported so need to take inventory before going forwards. Lastly, if there are any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaners, Optimizer etc - remove them not. They create havoc and really do very little and can corrupt the macOS

Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.