Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where can I download the Big Sur installer if Big Sur is already installed?

I have Big Sur 11.1 on my MacBook but would like to install it on a USB-stick to have an installer just in case I might need it.

When I go to the App Store is tells me that my system is up to date and does not download it. Is there another place where I can d/l the installer?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 7:37 AM

When @ the Apple Apps Store and attempt to download Big Sur - Control click Download. It may caution with the same message - ignore. It should allow the download anyways. Strongly suggest doing this via Ethernet connection as is already known it is a 12.18 GB size. Wifi may work but . . slightest packet loss and bingo, corrupted file and have to try again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 7:37 AM in response to kraut55

When @ the Apple Apps Store and attempt to download Big Sur - Control click Download. It may caution with the same message - ignore. It should allow the download anyways. Strongly suggest doing this via Ethernet connection as is already known it is a 12.18 GB size. Wifi may work but . . slightest packet loss and bingo, corrupted file and have to try again.

Where can I download the Big Sur installer if Big Sur is already installed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.