Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change iPad HDMI output aspect ratio

Hello, I have an iPad Air 4th gen and an ASUS 21:9 ultra wide monitor. Whenever I connect my iPad to the monitor the image is stretched rather than mirrored (see image).

The aspect ratio is normal when connected to a 16:9 TV using the same adapter and HDMI cable.

Is there any way I can change the aspect ratio?

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 12:47 PM

Hey Cngzlsh0211,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're wanting to change the aspect ratio of the ASUS display connected to your iPad. While there are no settings on the iPad to adjust this, check out the steps under "Get help", in the following guide to see if those help: About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You may also want to check out the displays guide for steps on changing that, or reach out to ASUS support: ASUS Support

Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 12:47 PM in response to Cngzlsh0211

Hey Cngzlsh0211,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're wanting to change the aspect ratio of the ASUS display connected to your iPad. While there are no settings on the iPad to adjust this, check out the steps under "Get help", in the following guide to see if those help: About Apple Digital AV Adapters for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

You may also want to check out the displays guide for steps on changing that, or reach out to ASUS support: ASUS Support

Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

Change iPad HDMI output aspect ratio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.