Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Migration Assistance when moving from old Mac Lion is to new Mac m1

I purchased a new Mac Pro with m1 Os from old Mac with Lion is can I use Migration assistant to move data?

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 11:23 AM

Just one thing to know. The instructions say you can use Wi-Fi. Do not. Wi-Fi is too slow and data is often lost. Only use a wired USB cable between the two computers, then otherwise follow the simple instructions. It will not transfer your old OS, but you can transfer your preferences, etc. Also, when you transfer your files, it's all or none. You can not selectively choose what files to transfer. You should do just fine.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 11:23 AM in response to m3ra0uf

Just one thing to know. The instructions say you can use Wi-Fi. Do not. Wi-Fi is too slow and data is often lost. Only use a wired USB cable between the two computers, then otherwise follow the simple instructions. It will not transfer your old OS, but you can transfer your preferences, etc. Also, when you transfer your files, it's all or none. You can not selectively choose what files to transfer. You should do just fine.

Can I use Migration Assistance when moving from old Mac Lion is to new Mac m1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.