Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing apps on Apple watch

I set up an Apple Watch SE using Family Sharing. How do I share my free/purchased apps with the managed watch? None come up as “available to download” in the SE watch’s list - only the ones preinstalled.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 9:02 AM

Hi Jeff,

The problem is that there is no “Available Apps” section for the Family Share managed watch. I have 19 apps on my list between Installed & Available Apps. The family share watch is for a minor child, but many of my apps don’t carry an age restriction. None of them show up as available on the list of apps for my child’s watch. Photo is of the installed apps for on my child’s watch. There is nothing below this list - nothing “available to install.”

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 9:02 AM in response to Jeff_W.

Hi Jeff,

The problem is that there is no “Available Apps” section for the Family Share managed watch. I have 19 apps on my list between Installed & Available Apps. The family share watch is for a minor child, but many of my apps don’t carry an age restriction. None of them show up as available on the list of apps for my child’s watch. Photo is of the installed apps for on my child’s watch. There is nothing below this list - nothing “available to install.”

Dec 31, 2020 11:56 AM in response to bailier

I've located the problems...but I still don't know how to fix it. My child's apple watch is not signed in. The @iCloud address is correct and is listed on the family sharing plan. The watch settings list his correct Apple ID and correctly list it as paired with my phone/account. His Apple ID is listed as being able to participate in purchase sharing, and his watch is using his Apple ID. All of this was done in the steps to set up the watch, but the App Store still says that the watch is not signed in. How do I sign this watch in?

Family sharing apps on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.