Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1Bluetooth Keyboard Connectivity Issues

When I wake my brand new Mac Mini M1 computer up to login, it takes a very long time for the brand new apple bluetooth magic keyboard to connect. SUPER FRUSTRATING when trying to simply log on. Once on, my bluetooth speaker cuts out / disconnects on a regular basis and then reconnects. I know many people are having these problems, but WHAT IS APPLE DOING ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS?

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 11:25 AM

Common occurence.

Make sure you update your Big Sur to 11.1.

Try turning off WiFi and Bluetooth, turn back only the Bluetooth and use the Mini with your keyboard.

If that solves it, you will have to change your wireless router to only use 5GHz. Disable the 2.4GHz as it interferes with Bluetooth.

I don't use wireless to connect my M1 Mini - it's turned off - I use wired ethernet for 1Gbps connectivity thru my ISP router.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 11:25 AM in response to GregC5219

Common occurence.

Make sure you update your Big Sur to 11.1.

Try turning off WiFi and Bluetooth, turn back only the Bluetooth and use the Mini with your keyboard.

If that solves it, you will have to change your wireless router to only use 5GHz. Disable the 2.4GHz as it interferes with Bluetooth.

I don't use wireless to connect my M1 Mini - it's turned off - I use wired ethernet for 1Gbps connectivity thru my ISP router.

Mac Mini M1Bluetooth Keyboard Connectivity Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.