Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone 12 pro won’t charge

my phone did only get charged once. Won’t charge anymore

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:22 PM

andrzej101 U Said:

"I’m in Colchester in Great Britain hence not directly in the USA. Phone is now a month old so 14 days return may not be appropriate. I was hoping to find if there is a fix for this problem but if not then I will have to visit my local Apple store to see what they will advise me to do.... Still, I think it’s a software problem as phone does not get hot and is still charging wirelessly but it stopped charging via lightning port. Then again I cannot be sure if problem maybe with hardware... Really annoying all this"

-------

Thank you for clarifying that.

Get this Serviced:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty. So, contact Apple Support, and have this looked at. Here is the information.

Go Here: Contact Apple for Support and Service - Europe - Apple Support

Screenshot:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 1:22 PM in response to andrzej101

andrzej101 U Said:

"I’m in Colchester in Great Britain hence not directly in the USA. Phone is now a month old so 14 days return may not be appropriate. I was hoping to find if there is a fix for this problem but if not then I will have to visit my local Apple store to see what they will advise me to do.... Still, I think it’s a software problem as phone does not get hot and is still charging wirelessly but it stopped charging via lightning port. Then again I cannot be sure if problem maybe with hardware... Really annoying all this"

-------

Thank you for clarifying that.

Get this Serviced:

You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty. So, contact Apple Support, and have this looked at. Here is the information.

Go Here: Contact Apple for Support and Service - Europe - Apple Support

Screenshot:

Dec 30, 2020 10:34 AM in response to andrzej101

elvira247 Said:

"My new iPhone 12 pro won’t charge. my phone did only get charged once. Won’t charge anymore [...]I’m not having any luck with charging my phone via lightning port. Wireless charge is working ok but not the cable option. What is also strange that my 12 max pro is also somehow jumping between my WiFi routers"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

If this is overheating, then something is misconfigured. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box, limited warranty. So, contact Apple Support, and have this looked at. Ask if it can be returned, if purchased less than 14 days ago.

Apple Contact Us Info:

Use Send-In Service:

With the Coronavirus Pandemic going around, note that it would be wise to perform Send-In service. You would include nots in it, such as how you have troubleshot it thus far, or anything else to mention. Go Here: Send-In Service - Include Handwritten Notes with the Packaging - User Tips

Dec 29, 2020 12:17 PM in response to elvira247

Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

Axel F.

Dec 30, 2020 10:12 AM in response to Axel Foley

Yesterday I’ve updated iOS to 14.3 and since then my brand new 12 max pro is not charging via lightning port- once when charging cable is inserted into lightning port phone goes dead with only black screen on show and when cable is removed an Apple logo appears, like phone has been reset... Despite trying to force restart as per method above, I’m not having any luck with charging my phone via lightning port. Wireless charge is working ok but not the cable option. What is also strange that my 12 max pro is also somehow jumping between my WiFi routers (I’ve got 2 of those) and sometimes going to direct WiFi for my HP printer, which means at home none of my networks are recognised automatically. I’m on all original chargers from apple so there should be no problem with compatibility of those, yet lightning charge is not available since upgrade to iOS 14.3. I’m lost for words

Dec 30, 2020 10:45 AM in response to TheLittles

I’m in Colchester in Great Britain hence not directly in the USA. Phone is now a month old so 14 days return may not be appropriate. I was hoping to find if there is a fix for this problem but if not then I will have to visit my local Apple store to see what they will advise me to do.... Still, I think it’s a software problem as phone does not get hot and is still charging wirelessly but it stopped charging via lightning port. Then again I cannot be sure if problem maybe with hardware... Really annoying all this

My new iPhone 12 pro won’t charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.