Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to transfer my SIM card

Do I need to transfer my SIM card to my new phone

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 2:06 PM

You don’t NEED to, but, unless your new phone is an iPhone 12, transferring the SIM is the fastest and cheapest way to activate the new phone. Once the new phone is activated, with or without the old SIM, the old phone will stop working. If you are getting an iPhone 12 get a new SIM or activate the phone’s eSIM with your carrier.

This link might be helpful → Transfer a SIM from your previous iPhone to eSIM on your new iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2020 2:06 PM in response to liv2dance3

You don’t NEED to, but, unless your new phone is an iPhone 12, transferring the SIM is the fastest and cheapest way to activate the new phone. Once the new phone is activated, with or without the old SIM, the old phone will stop working. If you are getting an iPhone 12 get a new SIM or activate the phone’s eSIM with your carrier.

This link might be helpful → Transfer a SIM from your previous iPhone to eSIM on your new iPhone - Apple Support

Do I need to transfer my SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.