Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Impossible to copy files on NAS DS720+ ....

I just bought a Mac mini M1, with the new Mac OS Big Sur and it is impossible to copy even some very limited files (size) to the NAS.

Some of them are copied others are provoking a code error 100006 , and there is no more internet connection after the error, with cable, even with WIFI.

FOr info, I have tried the operation with a Mac Book PROD, and everything works fine. I can't copy all what I want on the NAS

Any idea, why it is like that ?

What do I have to do ?

Wait a fix in the next version of Big Sur ?

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 2:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 1:31 AM

Unfortunately, I am well connected with the correct username and password.

Remind that with a Mac book pro, the copies perfectly works with the same credentials.

What is the difference between a Mac Mini and a Mac Book pro : the Operating system for sure,

so the question is which setting(s) is (are) different?

Aslo I have seen that DSM for synology has a new 7.0 beta version.

The release notes speak about AFP and SMB, but I don’t really understand exactly the improvement.

may be interesting to investigate?

Would you please have a look at this?

I would be interested to have your opinion on this?

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2021 1:31 AM in response to DaveGarratt

Unfortunately, I am well connected with the correct username and password.

Remind that with a Mac book pro, the copies perfectly works with the same credentials.

What is the difference between a Mac Mini and a Mac Book pro : the Operating system for sure,

so the question is which setting(s) is (are) different?

Aslo I have seen that DSM for synology has a new 7.0 beta version.

The release notes speak about AFP and SMB, but I don’t really understand exactly the improvement.

may be interesting to investigate?

Would you please have a look at this?

I would be interested to have your opinion on this?

Dec 29, 2020 2:27 PM in response to etienne97

Investigate if your DiskStation Manager software (DSM) is up to date for your model, and if your fileshares are being served as SMB3, as Big Sur by default attempts to make SMB3 connections.

I have what is now an ancient DiskStation 110J downstairs and it mounts quickly and provides two-way file transfer to my M1 Mac mini with 11.1. Due to its age, I cannot run DSM v6 and later.

Jan 3, 2021 7:32 AM in response to etienne97

Problem solved.

I have found why it didn't work.

It was due to NORTON FIREWALL which blocked the traffic. As Norton is not necessarily needed on MAC? I have removed it from my MAX MINI.

On the MacBook Pro I have also Norton, but an old version where the settings may be more easily configured to avoid blocking issue on the local traffic.

Thanks for the support

Impossible to copy files on NAS DS720+ ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.