Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicated iTunes music purchases

Hi all,

I have the exact same problem, it’s being going on for (what feels like) years now. It started happening around about 2018.

I am on Mac OS 10.13. The songs are duplicated on my Mac but not my iPhones running iOS 13 and iOS 14 respectively. Upgrading from Mac OS 10.13 is not an option. If I delete the duplicates they appear with the cloud icon next to them.

I tried signing out of my account on iTunes and deleting the album (it disappeared) but it is not allowing me to restore the album. When I search for the album in the iTunes Store it appears with the “partial album” button greyed out but all the songs are available to purchase individually. Why should I pay again for something I paid for already? I have the receipt in my purchase history, I can prove I purchased this album.

Apple needs to fix this on its end; users shouldn’t have to go through a rigmarole because the iTunes Store/iCloud malfunctioned.

Paul

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 29, 2020 7:48 PM in response to Paul Romas

Paul Romas Said:

"Duplicated iTunes music purchases: Apple needs to fix this on its end; users shouldn’t have to go through a rigmarole because the iTunes Store/iCloud malfunctioned."

-------

Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: I think you should report this bug this to Apple. Let them know that items are not showing up how they should.. Note that these are User-to-User forums. Apple barely reads these as it is. So, report this to Apple. They wont get back to you directly, but the more they receive on what is going on, the more they will know what to fix.

What an and How to Report:

A. ITunes:

1. Go Here: Feedback - iTunes - Apple
  2. Select: "Managing my iTunes Store Account" for the "I Have Feedback About"
  3. Proceed from there as necessary.

B. Apple Account:

How to Provide Feedback for "Apple ID" Category

Duplicated iTunes music purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.