Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only a question

Hello dear . I buy an iPhone 12 pro yesterday in a store in Toronto Canada , I want to know if this iPhone is unlocked for use in uruguay. Thank you

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 2:33 PM

Then you should be fine. The page here tells you what cellular bands are available on phones sold in each country. It looks like phones sold in Canada have all the bands that are available in Uruguay (plus some extras).

Note that your Canadian warranty is unlikely to be vaild in Uruguay

https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/cellular/

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 2:33 PM in response to Rosarionoma

Then you should be fine. The page here tells you what cellular bands are available on phones sold in each country. It looks like phones sold in Canada have all the bands that are available in Uruguay (plus some extras).

Note that your Canadian warranty is unlikely to be vaild in Uruguay

https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/cellular/

Dec 29, 2020 8:36 PM in response to Rosarionoma

Rosarionoma Said:

"Only a question Hello dear . I buy an iPhone 12 pro yesterday in a store in Toronto Canada , I want to know if this iPhone is unlocked for use in uruguay. Thank you "

-------

Yes - But Hold Off on Purchases:

It should be usable, but only if purchased from Apple. But, wait to purchase iTunes and other software from Apple, as such purchases are only usable in the nation/territory, in which they were purchased. As a result, you'd have to purchase it all over again. You would have to zero-out your balance once you get to Uruguay, in order to start making purchases on your Apple account. This all has to do with licensing between Apple and the Developer.

Notice the Limitations Differences:

Purchase-availability by the nations, as provided on the following link:

Go Here: Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

Screenshot 1: Canada

---

Screenshot 2: Uruguay:

Dec 29, 2020 8:42 PM in response to Rosarionoma

If you did not purchase it in an Apple store, there is a good possibility that it is not an unlocked phone, and that will complicate your attempt to use it in another country. I would also recommend that you speak to your carrier in Uruguay to find out what model of iPhone they support, since the LTE bands used there could differ from what the Canadian iPhone supports.

Only a question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.