Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch not recording exercise times correctly since upgraded phone.

Anyone else experienced this, gone from iPhone 8 to 11. Synched my watch back up, exercise times is way out compared to before. Today I did a 48 min walk, that’s recorded. However on the exercise ring it saying I’ve done 27 mins. Missed 20 mins somewhere 🤷‍♀️

help I use the exercise app a lot!!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 7

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 5:29 AM

To earn 1 minute of exercise credit(green ring);

Travel a full minute at a brisk walking pace 3.3 mph or 18 minutes per mile approx.

or

5.3kph or 11.3 minutes per kilometer.

Raise your heart rate to approx 75% of your maximum.

When you're at around or above this heart rate and speed for the entire minute you'll receive 1 exercise minute credit.

If you pause or slow down during this minute then you won't get any exercise credit for that minute.

Source;phone call I had with apple support.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 5:29 AM in response to charlygirl158

To earn 1 minute of exercise credit(green ring);

Travel a full minute at a brisk walking pace 3.3 mph or 18 minutes per mile approx.

or

5.3kph or 11.3 minutes per kilometer.

Raise your heart rate to approx 75% of your maximum.

When you're at around or above this heart rate and speed for the entire minute you'll receive 1 exercise minute credit.

If you pause or slow down during this minute then you won't get any exercise credit for that minute.

Source;phone call I had with apple support.

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy – Apple Support

Watch not recording exercise times correctly since upgraded phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.