Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina v iMovie

I have just updated my mac OS to Catalina from 10.12 (or something). My imovie will not run and the only one in the app store says my OS is incompatible. How do I get a version of imovie that runs with Catalina?

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 3:11 PM

Hi, fuzzysaurus,

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 3:11 PM in response to fuzzysaurus

Hi, fuzzysaurus,

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

Catalina v iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.