Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicate Notes

I recently updated my software to iOS 4 (on my iPhone 3G), and did not do a restore from backup, but rather did a fresh install of all apps etc. I now have duplicate Notes on my phone, but not in Mail. I'm concerned that if I start deleting duplicates from the phone that they'll be erased altogether from Mail. In iTunes, on the Info page, I have everything set to sync via the MobileMe cloud, except for Other, where I've checked off "sync Notes". Any suggestions? Should I try a "replace Notes" in the "Advanced" section?
Thanks!

Mac G5; MacBook Pro & iPhone 3G (3.0), iOS 4

Posted on Jul 27, 2010 11:35 AM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2010 5:00 PM in response to Emily Kessler

I had a similar problem when upgrading to iOS4 on my old 3G: I enabled notes syncing with Gmail and moved all the notes from On My Mac to Gmail in Mail.app upon installing OS 4; after restoring from a backup a few days later, the duplication happened. The notes would not show up in Mail.app, however.

I rectified it by touching "Accounts" at the top of Notes and by deleting all the notes, one by one, from "
From My Mac". Those stayed off the phone until I restored from the backup to my iPhone 4 this morning, but after doing it again it's no longer a problem once more.

The weirdest part is that they don't show up in Mail.app anymore even before I deleted them. I'm not sure where they're hiding.

Duplicate Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.