Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.2.2 Crashing when importing

iMovie was working fine until I updated it to version 10.2.2 (the latest version). Now every time I try to import any kind of video it crashes instantly.

My Macbook Pro is up to date as well. I have plenty of hard drive space. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 9:33 PM

Hi, antoniof18,

Sometimes after updates preferences get disturbed and can cause issues like this. Try deleting preferences. Open

iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects and see if you can import vids without crashing.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your projects.

If no luck, you could also try booting up in Safe Mode (see Finder menu for instructions) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Then see if iMovie works properly.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 9:33 PM in response to antoniof18

Hi, antoniof18,

Sometimes after updates preferences get disturbed and can cause issues like this. Try deleting preferences. Open

iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and select to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to get back to your projects and see if you can import vids without crashing.  Deleting preferences is a safe procedure that will not cause data loss or disruption to your projects.

If no luck, you could also try booting up in Safe Mode (see Finder menu for instructions) and, after everything loads, immediately shut down and reboot in normal mode. Then see if iMovie works properly.

-- Rich

iMovie 10.2.2 Crashing when importing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.