Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there any way to transfer files to the files app from a PC via USB?

there is no way to do that using iTunes

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 11:20 PM

May I ask what exactly are you trying to transfer?

Without knowing the details, though, I can recommend these 02 options/possible solutions:

1. Use iCloud for Windows (PC). Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support, then setup iCloud Drive Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support. Once you have these, you can transfer data from your PC to iCloud Drive. This data can be accessed on iPhone/iPad/iPod/etc. via the Files app Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Since, you mentioned, "there is no way to do that using iTunes": Actually there is, and it is called File Sharing. Certain apps on your iDevices support File Sharing and some do not. Follow these articles to see if they will solve your issue.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2020 11:20 PM in response to alect

May I ask what exactly are you trying to transfer?

Without knowing the details, though, I can recommend these 02 options/possible solutions:

1. Use iCloud for Windows (PC). Download iCloud for Windows - Apple Support, then setup iCloud Drive Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support. Once you have these, you can transfer data from your PC to iCloud Drive. This data can be accessed on iPhone/iPad/iPod/etc. via the Files app Use the Files app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
  2. Since, you mentioned, "there is no way to do that using iTunes": Actually there is, and it is called File Sharing. Certain apps on your iDevices support File Sharing and some do not. Follow these articles to see if they will solve your issue.

is there any way to transfer files to the files app from a PC via USB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.