You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 8 home button buzzing

My iPhone 8 home button has started to excessively buzz when I press it. I have updated iOS, done full reset, switched off vibrate and system haptics but still the button buzzes. Any idea how to solve this as it becoming infuriating, thanks.

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 5:38 AM

1 reply

Jan 2, 2021 12:41 PM in response to geoff220165

Hey there, geoff220165!

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities! If we understand correctly, you're noticing an excessive buzzing sound when using your Home button. We'd like to get to the bottom of this with you.

Does this happen at random or when navigating to a specific screen while using the Home button? When you reset, did you reset all settings or erase all content?

If this persists after erasing all content on your iPhone, we recommend you Contact Apple Support for next steps.

Take care!

IPhone 8 home button buzzing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.