Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I send 400 emails in a group distribution list?

I have a Group with 400 people. Can I send an email to all of them at once?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 7:24 AM

See the Mail User Guide on how to send email to a group (without their individual names appearing). You should also consult with the Contacts User Guide for how to create a group for that mailing.

I suggest you try a small (5 people) group mailing to see that it works. A mailing of 400 people may have the undesirable effect of showing up on your Mail ISP's radar as a potential SPAMMER, if they do not already have a limitation on group mailing size. If this is a work from home scenario, you might consider using the corporate Mail server for corporate business.

Otherwise, Apple does not publish the maximum size of a group mailing, and it may or may not work.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2020 7:24 AM in response to GroupEmails

See the Mail User Guide on how to send email to a group (without their individual names appearing). You should also consult with the Contacts User Guide for how to create a group for that mailing.

I suggest you try a small (5 people) group mailing to see that it works. A mailing of 400 people may have the undesirable effect of showing up on your Mail ISP's radar as a potential SPAMMER, if they do not already have a limitation on group mailing size. If this is a work from home scenario, you might consider using the corporate Mail server for corporate business.

Otherwise, Apple does not publish the maximum size of a group mailing, and it may or may not work.

Can I send 400 emails in a group distribution list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.