📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sell a apple watch with a broken screen

I am selling my first generation Apple Watch on eBay. To do that I unpaired it from my phone which also resets it and checked my iclouds ‘find my phone’ and it doesn’t show up there. But when I see the screen, it’s asking for a passcode.

The screen is broken, so I am not able to enter the passcode.

How do I make sure the buyer is able to access the parts and the Apple Watch?

My iWatch broke and its beyond economical repair. I sold it on eBay for parts, however I am having trouble erasing and unlocking it for the next owner.

- The screen is broken on the watch so I cannot unlock

- It is unpaired from my phone so I cannot repair it to erase it

- I cannot see it under my iCloud

How can I erase and reset it?

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 31, 2020 2:52 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 3, 2021 7:12 AM in response to puja163

Hello puja163,

Thank you for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand an Apple Watch was successfully unpaired and erased through your paired iPhone, but the passcode continues to appear on the display of the Apple Watch. We'll be happy to help.

Since the display is unresponsive due to accidental damage, we suggest to perform a force restart. This is a step that may help to remove the passcode on the Apple Watch: How to restart your Apple Watch Specifically you'll want to follow the section that says, "Force restart your Apple Watch."

Kind regards.

sell a apple watch with a broken screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.